Who You'll Work With
- Master’s Degree in Information and Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Quantitative Social Sciences or related field, with excellent results
- You have first-hand experience with advanced analytical methods to improve maintenance or production efficiency, and a basic understanding of data science, machine learning and distributed computing (e.g. neural networks, regression models, etc.)
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified – and sometimes undiscovered – client needs
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Matlab or equivalent. Knowledge of analytics tools (i.e. Tableau, Alteryx) and SQL databases will be an asset
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Fluent in either French or Dutch, together with English
- Willingness to travel
You will work with our Advanced Analytics team in Louvain-la-Neuve or Amsterdam as part of our Global Energy & Materials practice.
Our GEM practice supports clients in a wide range of industries including chemicals, steel, mining, pulp & paper, electric power and natural gas, among others on the way to operational excellence.
What You'll Do
You will support clients and client teams by conducting state-of-the-art quantitative analyses across the Predictive Maintenance and Yield, Energy & Throughput spectra in production system performance.
Activities include big data analytics, tool building, implementation, and maintenance. In addition, your role will encompass three broad sets of responsibilities: client support and development, knowledge development, and knowledge transfer and practice development. You may work as part of a consulting team at a client location to conduct comprehensive quantitative analyses to be used as a basis for implementing production system decision frameworks and for making strategic decisions.
In developing knowledge, you will advance McKinsey’s overall knowledge base by providing rigorous analysis to and problem solving for our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, you will also focus on developing new analytical approaches and techniques. You’ll work as part of a firm-wide community with a global network of colleagues to codify existing knowledge and develop new knowledge.
You’ll also gain new skills, knowledge and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
1 weeks ago
Data Scientist in Predictive Maintenance and Yield, Energy & ThroughputMcKinsey & Company - Brussels, BRU
You may work as part of a consulting team at a client location to conduct comprehensive quantitative analyses to be used as a basis for implementing production...Read More 1 weeks ago
McKinsey Solutions - Wave - Client Relationship ManagerMcKinsey & Company - Brussels, BRU
This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your proven experience in client development and account management while working with a team of highly motivated...Read More 5 months ago
Agriculture Analytics - Data Analyst - EuropeMcKinsey & Company - Brussels, BRU
Within this group, we have a dedicated team of agricultural experts who serve clients on topics such as crop selection, farmland valuation, and international...Read More 6 months ago
McKinsey Solutions - Wave - Client Success ManagerMcKinsey & Company - Brussels, BRU
As Client Success Manager, you will be responsible to develop and deliver approaches and activities to generate advisory and service sales, and to drive...Read More 8 months ago
Operations - Purchasing & Supply Management Consultant - EuropeMcKinsey & Company - Brussels, BRU
We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe....Read More 9 months ago